15TH GHANA INTERNATIONAL BOOK FAIR
Date: Thursday 24th – Sunday 27th August, 2017
Venue: Accra International Conference Centre
15TH GHANA INTERNATIONAL BOOK FAIR
The 15th Ghana International Book Fair is slated for 24th – 27th August, 2017 at the Accra International Conference Centre. The Ghana International Book Fair is a platform where both local and international book industry players come together to trade books and negotiate deals. The public gets the opportunity to have access to a variety of good books and buy them at highly discounted prices.
The Ghana International Book Fair (GIBF) was instituted in the mid 90s to revive the book industry in Ghana which was at its lowest ebb due to serious economic recession of the late 70s and 80s. The Trade Fair Authority was therefore charged with the responsibility of initiating an international book fair in Ghana.
The first ever book fair was held in 1996. Subsequent fairs were held every two years in 1998 until 2008, when the event became an annual event. The fair has been holding every year since 2008 with GBPA as the lead organiser.
The objectives of the book fair are to:
- Create a market-place for publishers, writers, printers, booksellers, librarians and other stakeholders in the book industry to interact and foster strong links.
- Create the necessary conditions for intra-African trade in books.
- Showcase Ghana’s strength in cultural products like books.
- Create a conducive climate through seminars, conferences, symposia, workshops and other competitions where the intellectual potential in the book industry can find firm roots to grow.
- Promote the Ghana Book Publishers Association and its stakeholders for national development.
This year’s book fair will involve workshops, competitions and other educative events. The benefits for participating in the book fair include:
Why Participating in the Ghana International Book Fair?
- To trade in a favourable book market.
- To explore business opportunities.
- To launch newly published books.
- To network with both local industry players and international printing and publishing houses.
- To enhance visibility and recognition of both the exhibitor and its products.
- To observe what competitors are doing to enhance organizational innovation.
- To build human resource capacity through training schemes organized.
- To provide a platform to interact with readers for their book needs and do market search on what area, subject or content to publish.
- For future sale demands and other benefits.
Booking for exhibition space can be made on the official application form attached or online at our website: www.ghanabookfair.com . The completed application form must reach the GIBF Secretariat on or before Friday 28th July, 2016.
Please note that information received after this date may not be included in the official exhibitors’ directory. No entry would be made in the exhibitors’ directory for any reservation not backed with payment before the closing date for booking.
Application forms can be collected from and payment made to the
Ghana Book Publishers Association / GIBF Secretariat
Bureau of Ghana Languages Building,
Kawukudi Culture, Accra,
adjacent to AMA Building.
Exhibitors and trade visitors, as well as interested organizations may advertise their products and services in the GIBF catalogue. Samples of adverts must be in soft copy with the print out attached. Foreign exhibitors can only provide the soft copy. Advert should be in JPEG or pdf format. Payment for advert space must reach the GIBF Secretariat early or not later than Wednesday 19th July, 2016.
Full Colour (Back Cover) – GH¢ 1,000
Main Text (Full Colour) – GH¢ 500
Main Text (Black & White) – GH¢ 400
Inside Back Cover (Full Colour) – GH¢ 700
Inside Front Cover (Full Colour) – GH¢700
Exhibitors in need of hotel accommodation may contact the GIBF Secretariat for assistance. The hotel rates range from US$ 75 to US$ 600 per night.
Mode of Payment
Payment for exhibition space or advert in the Exhibitors’ Catalogue may be made by cash
or cheque. The cash must be paid at the Ghana Book Publishers Association / GIBF Secretariat.
Cheque issued in Ghana for payment should be in the name of:
GBPA–Ghana International Book Fair
Account Details (for local payment)
Below are Account details to facilitate direct payment:
Account name: GBPA–Ghana International Book Fair
Account No: 0021010400233
Bank: Cal Bank
Branch: Independence Avenue
Account Details (for International payment)
Account Name: Ghana Book Publishers Association
Account Number: 0081034447148201
Swift Code: ECOCGHAC
The book fair is open to all book industry practitioners as well as educational institutions and other related sectors of the economy to network and trade. The GIBF envisages attracting the following stakeholders:
- Book distributors
- Cultural organisations
- Educational institutions
- Telecommunication Companies
- Non-governmental Organisations
- Research Institutions
- Financial Institutions