*ONLY MANAGERS IN THE BOOK INDUSTRY QUALIFY FOR THE INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP, FOR EXAMPLE, MARKETING MANAGERS, PRODUCTION MANAGERS, EDITORIAL MANAGERS, HEAD OF ACCOUNT DEPARTMENT ETC.
- MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS FOR INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS
- Individual Ghanaian Publishers should be of not less than three years professional experience.
- Complete the attached Membership Form.
- Attach a document or official letter of your boss indicating that you are a manager of the said Organisation.
- Application should be recommended by two (2) GBPA members.
ADMISSION FEE: GH¢100.00 (paid before assessment and is non-refundable)
DUES PER ANNUM: GH¢100.00 (paid after approval of membership)
GBPA members benefit from strong representation on key publishing issues, both nationally and internationally. Members get first hand information on activities within the publishing industry. We also provide a forum for the exchange of non-competitive information between publishers and allied organizations, as well as a wide range of free and discounted services, which include:
- Training, workshops, and seminars on matters relating to the book publishing industry
- Stronger bargaining power with stakeholders like Ministry of Education, Copyright Ghana, Ghana
- Library Authority, etc.
- Channels for lobbying with government on industry developments
- Regular briefs on the latest publishing news
- Full Listing on the GBPA’s website and entry into the Directory of Members
- Great Networking opportunities ( connecting you to the outside world)
- Representation at, as well as assistance with international book fairs. For example, Frankfurt Book
- Fair, London Book Fair, Cape Town Book Fair, etc.
- Representation on the Ghana Book Development Council, APNET and IPA
- Promoting and facilitating copyright education and copyright awareness campaigns
- And many more.